Sunday, November 26, 2023

A stroll through Verteuil

We walked from the picnic area on the Charente River (where we parked) toward the center of Verteuil, at first along the river then into the main street. The château, built on a bluff above the river, came into view now and then, but it was difficult to get more than a piece of it in a photo, at least from the places we walked.

A glimpse of the château in Verteuil-sur-Charente.

Our outdoor thermometer read 1ºC when I woke up this morning. I'm sure that it's below freezing out in the vineyard. Tasha and I will bundle up (well, I will) and venture out at first light. Sunrise is at 08h13.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! Always seems as if the French just know how to curate every bend of a river into a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene. I'd love to go for a walk there. “Chilly” here too this morning. Currently 17. SG will bundle up like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, isn't that a pretty scene.It's raw and rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Raw and rainy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kiwi, for sure! It makes the photography easier. ;)

    mitch, 17? My heart goes out...

    judy, we're expecting rain most of today.

    melinda, :)

    evelyn, :(

    michael, merci !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!