Monday, November 06, 2023

La Méronne

Our rental house was just off a narrow road that paralleled a little arm of the Charente River called la Méronne. There wasn't much to it. The bottom was just a few inches from the surface. A short walk from our driveway was this little stepping-stone bridge.

A little stone bridge over the Méronne.

I didn't attempt to cross the bridge with Tasha in tow on her leash. We kept to the road. As we passed, we saw a guy throwing a stick into the river. He had a big dog that was getting his exercise fetching the stick back from the shallow water. We also saw this woman filling up plastic bottles with river water. I don't know if the man and woman were together (something gave me the impression they weren't), but both had gone by the time we passed again on our way home.

I sneaked a shot of this woman filling water bottles from the river.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I wonder what the woman was doing with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming bridge!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! L&L

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, I thought it was a cemetery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, I wonder, too. It's hard to imagine someone would drink that. Maybe pets? Maybe plants?

    evelyn, very pretty!

    bettyann, :)

    L&L, I really wanted to cross, but couldn't with the dog.

    chm, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!