Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Downtown

This is central Vindelle, the little town outside of Angoulême where we rented a gîte (vacation rental house) for a week in October. As I mentioned earlier, the tiny bourg of about a thousand people is little more than an intersection. Besides the town hall, there is a café/restaurant that also serves as newsstand and cigarette shop. It also provides postal services.

Dawn in downtown Vindelle.

I took this picture on one of my early morning walks with Tasha, before things opened up for the day. During the day, the sidewalk outside the cafë is set up with a few tables and umbrellas for shade. The times we passed by or through, there were always people sitting outside eating, drinking, and/or reading the news.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely not what Petula Clark sang about. But I love these little bergs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very nice way to compliment this town! I must remember that one. Thanks Mitchell - I smiled when I read your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely
    This week I started French lessons. I plan to read your blog with more eye on the French to pick up some good words.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!