Thursday, November 09, 2023

Monumental

As in many French cities and towns, the people of Vindelle erected a monument to the memory of local men who lost their lives in service to the country. This one commemorates soldiers from the first and second world wars and the war in Southeast Asia. The monument stands near the town hall (I didn't take a photo of that) and it looks like somebody recently hit it with a vehicle.

LA COMMUNE DE VINDELLE
A SES ENFANTS
MORTS POUR LA PATRIE
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
INDOCHINE

Today I'm going to see the dental surgeon who did my implant for a final look-see before he gives me the go-ahead for the permanent crown. My regular dentist will have that made and do the installation when it's ready. I'm not expecting any problems; all has gone very well since the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. Had been wondering about the implant. Glad it's been going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good about the implant :) Betsy is in the middle of the process of getting one... she just had the screw implant placed last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So even with my Medicare Advantage program and it's very minimal benefits - just for a root canal I believe my out-of-pocket costs were over $4,000 (a little more I believe). That included the crown my dentist installed after the root canal. And with your french insurance - ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, me too! It was really a good experience.

    judy, I know you know what it's like. Very long... ;)

    mary, I'm afraid our insurance is not much better for dental stuff. The implant cost around € 2,000, and I still have the permanent crown to pay for.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!