Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Am I blue?

I peeked inside the door of the abbey church at Saint-Amant-de-Boixe as we walked through the grounds. A woman was working on the stairs that descended from the door to the floor of the nave. I don't know what she was doing to them. Whatever it was, I couldn't use the steps, so I stayed put just long enough to snap a photo of the intensely blue choir and stained glass window.

The blue was so intense. My photo doesn't do it justice.

My visit to the dentist went reasonably well. He had trouble separating the temporary crown from the post in the implant. He pulled so hard that, for a moment, I thought he might rip the implant right out of my jaw. But then I heard him say, "There it is," and all was well. It's all back together now and it feels as though nothing happened. The permanent crown will be ready next week.

8 comments:

  1. I'll bet you're looking forward to your coronation. Maybe you can have it done under that beautiful blue light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that tympanum photo yesterday, and the blue light today... wow.
    Congrats on being almost finished with your implant/crown process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Mitch! Glad your grown will soon be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you feel that pain, when he ripped? I have a recollection of a similar situation when I had the new crown on top of my root canal a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, do I get to wear a cape?

    judy, thanks!

    evelyn, me too!

    mary, there was no pain whatsoever. Just a lot of tugging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pain killer must help a lot! I forgot to mention I had no pain but I, too, felt the tugging.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!