Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Once more, with scaffolding

Here's another shot of the abbey church in Saint-Amant-de-Boixe, taken as we headed back to the car and our next destination. I read in Wikipedia that the bell tower has been renovated extensively. By the looks of things, the rest of the church is getting its share as well.

Scaffolding on the abbey.

Our temperatures are getting more seasonable. We're expecting single digits (Celsius) for a couple of days. No frosts in sight, though. I had a fire in the wood stove all day yesterday. I expect I'll do the same for the next two days. I harvested another sucrine squash from the garden yesterday and roasted it. Some of it will go into a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, the rest will go into the freezer.

5 comments:

  1. The bells must be wonderful to hear (and watch).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie on Ken’s post looks scrumptious!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting much cooler here, more regularly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, that would have been something!

    bettyann, I'll try to remember to get a photo of this year's pie. It's in the oven now (08h50).

    judy, here they're predicting temps down to 1ºC over the next few days. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you for making your own pie! I did that once - it was work - and no one liked it as it didn't taste 'right'

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!