Friday, November 17, 2023

Volcanos

A couple of weeks ago, another vineyard parcel out back was dug up in preparation for replanting (I hope). I posted a photo of the big tractor they used to do the work when it was happening. It took two or three days to do the whole parcel. The grape vine trunks are now piled up and will likely be burned this fall or winter. Until then, they stand like volcano cones in the distance.

Grape vine volcanos. Canon 6D, f10, 1/1000, focal length 255mm.

There are eight of these "volcanos" out there. Only these three are visible from the guest room in our house. I used my telephoto lens for the shot, but didn't use the tripod, so there's still some blurriness from camera shake. It was also windy, so that would also cause some blur.

6 comments:

  1. Shame you can't grab some of the old trunks for your fire...
    the vine wood smells lovely in a room.
    And you shouldn't have any visible camera shake at 1/1000....
    have you got shake reduction turned on?
    If you have, that may well be adding blur at that speed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tim, I forgot to mention the wind! It was windy yesterday. I amended my post. :)

      Delete
  2. Agree, that some vine vines for grilling would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really could make someone believe those are volcanoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear me I had to sit up there thinking what new problem has arisen in your yard.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!