Monday, January 29, 2024

Another wrought iron belfry

This one is, I believe, in the village of Lacoste. The town is perched on a hilltop between Ménerbes and Bonnieux on the northern flanks of the Luberon Mountain. Lacoste's château is famous (or perhaps infamous) as the former residence of the Marquis de Sade. Today the largely restored village is home to a campus of the Savannah College of Art and Design.

Belfry atop the campanile in Lacoste, Provence. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

The days are getting longer and it's noticeable. I'm happy about that. Our mornings are still cold (but above freezing) and the afternoons can feel quite pleasant if it's not windy or raining. The ground is still too wet to do much yard work, but that will change. I hope.

4 comments:

  1. These belfries are so unusual (for me). I don’t think I've ever seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing another one of these iron belfries. They’re really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me three.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!