Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Musée d'Orsay

Here's an oldie but goodie from the archives. I took this way back in the early '90s during my one and only visit ever to the Orsay Museum in Paris. It had just opened in 1986. The impressionist art is fantastic, of course, but I was more interested in the building, originally built as a railroad station. I last posted this photo here in 2018.

Main hall, musée d'Orsay. Digitized color slide, 1992 (I think).

The wind has been wild all night and is expected to continue blowing through the morning. I'll be glad when this storm blows on through. I'll see how far out into the vineyard I can get with Tasha before turning back.

7 comments:

  1. I can see the railway station that it was.... lovely glazed roof!
    Love those structures....
    It is a lot calmer here this morning....
    yesterday TGVs were hurtling down this valley all day...
    there will be broken willow branches all over the place out in the meadow...
    it isn't called Crack Willow for nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, seen that! A wonderful building (and collection)! When we lived in Holland (till 2011) we were able to visit citys like Paris just by car...! We only booked a hotel and drove over: we saw -and expirienced- a lot of Europe then: very good memories! Thanks Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all of that wind, I know you're glad that you were able to get the roof leak fixed in the kitchen back when you got it done. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it’s time for another visit to this wonderful museum, don’t you?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. tim, it's a lot calmer now.

    travel, I'd like to go back one day, but I hate crowds!

    jan, nice!

    judy, absolutely!

    bettyann, one of these days. Paris is going to be difficult this year with the olympics going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing place for a museum. I’d love to see it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!