Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Saint Mary's Church

For no particular reason, here's a shot of the church of Saint Mary's in Albany, New York. The Italianesque revival building was completed in the late nineteenth century.

The blossoms of spring and Saint Mary's Catholic church, Albany, NY, May 2016.

This shot is from 2016 during my last trip home (except for the short trip in 2020 for a funeral). I remember several days of beautiful spring weather during that trip. I've never been inside this church, but I'll try to see it the next time I'm in Albany. Who knows when that will be?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Haven’t been inside st. Patrick’s for years. Maybe I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty church. Several attractive buildings near it as well.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spring photo. I used to play hooky from high school and visit the courthouses in that neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, avoid Sundays, I hear that's the busy time.

    bettyann, that's the NY Court of Appeals (aka Supreme Court) on the left and Albany City Hall on the right.

    kiwi, hmmm... playing hooky and visiting courthouses... sounds risky!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!