Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Set the WABAC machine

It's fall 2001. September 7, 2001, to be exact. Little did we know what would happen just a few days later. But on this day, we were filled with excited anticipation and on our way to France. We flew on a United Airlines Boeing 777 and, as I frequently do, I took a photo of the plane at the gate. I remember the Triple Seven being a relatively new airliner back then. It was comfortable and very nice, if memory serves.

Very bad photo of our plane at the gate, San Francisco International Airport. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

It's been a while since I've been on a Triple Seven. My last trip to the US was aboard a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, both ways. It's even more comfortable than the 777, in my humble opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Once the 747 was introduced, I was always aware when I flew on one. Otherwise, I never can tell you what kind of plane I flew. It's eerie to consider how the world changed a few days after that photo was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good memory for you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!