Monday, January 15, 2024

Hedges

Just over a week ago the landscapers came by to do their annual magic on the hedges that surround most of our property. They took two half-days (in other words, one full day) to do it all, including the clean up. The hedges always look so neat and clean when they're done. All the corners are sharp. Later, in spring, they'll start to put out new leaves again.

I tried for years to get the guys to put a point on that cylindrical bay laurel in the back corner, but they kept giving it a flat-top. Oh well, there are worse things.

We're still in our cold snap, but things should warm up by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm getting a covid booster tomorrow. It'll be the fourth shot since all this covid stuff started.

I can't find the photos I took in Paris back in 2002, dammit. They weren't where I thought they'd be. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I found two trays of slides from our trip to Provence in September of 2001 that I want to scan. I'll post some of those starting real soon.

12 comments:

  1. I always love your hedges after their trimming,. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hedge does look neat and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do use for slide scanning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, guys!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! We were in Provence in April of 2001 before things got messed up on 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was mentioning to Mitchell and Travel Penguin that I envy your life style...all but the tending to your vast property, which you do a great job of maintaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the hedges in the yard look great :-) looking forward to Provence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first impression of the hedge was that they had sculpted a corner piece (!) - I was thinking that's interesting!
    Too bad they probably don't want to spend the extra time forming a point with the bay laurel - I think it would be a striking feature to the garden! Either way, the hedges form a nice boundary to your 'estate'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tres bien tu est content?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!