Saturday, January 27, 2024

At the meeting of the lines

I realize that these lines don't meet. They're rows of grape vines in the vineyards below one of the villages perchés in Provence. I'm sure that there's a very logical explanation for why the vineyard is laid out like this. Drainage. Access. Because they've always done it this way. Whatever the reason, I thought it made for an interesting photo.

Grape vines, Provence. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

Our warm spell feels like it's over. We're at 2.5ºC this morning. And it's my turn to walk Tasha.

5 comments:

  1. That's an unusual layout, but makes for an interesting view. We were at 23C yesterday. “Only” 19 today. Unusual weather this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drone couldn't do any better than this photo. This vineyard is perfect, but probably not organic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like that view.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does make for an appealing photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, we're having "usual" weather, I think. 1.8ºC this morning.

    evelyn, probably not, back in 2001.

    bettyann, :)

    judy, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!