Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Auxerre

Once through immigration and baggage claim, we picked up our rental car and headed south. We planned to stop for the first night in the city of Auxerre on the Yonne River, about a two and a half hour drive. After settling in to our hotel, we took a walk down to the river. The weather was good and the views of the city rising above the river are pretty.

Boats on the Yonne at Auxerre. Digitized color slide, Setpember 2001.

I got my covid booster with no problem yesterday. It's been almost twenty-four hours now and I have no discomfort or any other signs of side effects. I hope it stays that way.

5 comments:

  1. What a charming looking place. I got my Covid booster late October. No side effects this time… that I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, exactly what I was going to ask you about… If you were having any side effect after the booster. I hope it stays this way! Auxerre is where we took the train to from Paris to pick up a rental car when we did our trip in 2017. we didn’t wanna deal with driving off from Paris and thought we’d enjoy a train ride, so that’s how we did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same idea my daughter and I had when we rented a car in England. We took the train to Oxford and then started out with the car. After over a week we left it in the smaller airport north of London - name escapes me, but we were taking a cheap flight to Bruxelles. (Lutens, I believe!) or maybe it was Stanstead.

      Delete
  3. Colorful flags and the reflection give this photo a lively view for me! Same as Mitchell, my 5th Covid was back in October. Glad you are having no side affects, Walt! I remember a sore arm (first side affect for Covid series) for just the first night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was Mary in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!