Sunday, May 26, 2024

It's growing again

Well, of course it is. The grass only slows down when the weather is hot and dry. And that kind of weather is but a memory this spring. We'll see what summer brings.

That's the back of our neighbor's house. She's there this weekend and she spent most of the afternoon on Saturday cutting her grass.

This is the north forty, about a third of it. Our neighbor's house is peeking through the trees, shrubs, and hedges. The squared-off hedge is in our yard, but just beyond it is a fence that separates our properties. The fence helps to keep the deer out and the dog in. On the right under the trees is the carport where the Peugeot lives.

My market trip was successful and I found everything on my list and more. I couldn't resist a bunch of radishes and we were out of mushrooms. I was early enough so it wasn't crowded and there were practically no lines.

The asparagus vendor often has a little joke for his customers. He greeted me with "Un beau matin d'automne!" A beautiful fall morning! And it was.

5 comments:

  1. Isn’t it nice to know lawn-mowing will no longer be a 4-day, back-breaking project? I can’t remember the last time I had a radish. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet those mushrooms were a lot fresher than what I buy here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also having a fall morning in Minnesota but yesterday was very summery so I can’t complain.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you to have a nice market to go to... and to have success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been decades since I had to worry about grass. I don't miss it. On the other hand it is nice to see all that green.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!