Thursday, May 09, 2024

Spray and wash

I was motivated in yesterday's decent weather to get out the power washer and clean the deck. I did most of it between 10h00 and 12h00 when making noise is allowed on holidays. I did the rest after lunch. None of our immediate neighbors is in town and the one who is was running his lawnmower. I figured I could risk breaking the rule just this once. Ahem. It took me ten minutes and then it was done. Today I'll bring up the patio furniture and get the grill ready for use. We might use it on Friday.

Do you hear trumpets? Digitized color slide, September 1997.

Today's photo is another one of rocks at Joshua Tree. This one looks to me like the back end of an elephant that's kneeling down. Ok, I'll stop.

4 comments:

  1. I have been staring at the photo for 10 minutes. There≈s something hypnotic about it. Oh, I see a horse and a Mohawk-like mane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do get to enjoy your terrace for your anniversary lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon10 May, 2024 02:02

    After reading about the blue law requirements and your completed chores, I scrolled down and stopped. I was thinking: what is this? A big pile of sand or large rocks stacked up in the vineyard? Joshua Tree Park, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary in Oregon10 May, 2024 02:05

    Ah huh! I missed both your comments yesterday (busy catching up on my own outdoor chores while it wasn't raining!) so now I went back and there were more of the dry sand-looking rocks from J.T. Park!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!