Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Periodic puppy pics

I still have done nothing about getting Callie to her annual grooming. I'll be in town tomorrow morning, so I may just stop into the shop to make her an appointment. I did call the vet and scheduled Bertie's annual vaccinations for next week. Callie is still enjoying the early nice weather outdoors, lounging in the sun and chasing lizards.

Callie enjoying a little time in the sun on Tuesday morning.

In garden news, I got the tomato, eggplant, and bell pepper seeds planted yesterday. I put three seeds each in twenty-five little seed pots, a total of seventy-five seeds. Nine are eggplant, a variety I found that is supposed to grow well in central and northern France. Nine are red bell peppers, from seeds I saved from a previous crop.

The remaining fifty-seven seeds are different varieties of tomato including cornabel, cœur de bœuf, roma, juliette, and others. I planted so many to ensure that I have enough seedlings; I will certainly thin them out before they go into the garden in May. In the meantime, the little seed pots are in a warm spot indoors. First step: germination.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is the first time I have seen a pix of callie "up close and personal"; she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night when doing some shopping there was a large display of eggplants. I hadn't noticed the price. Those tomato varieties sound interesting; cornabel, coeur de boeuf and juliette are new names for me. Have you used them before?

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Et bien, dis donc, tu ne chômes pas ;-) ! Il fait un temps superbe ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of your best puppy pics taken in a long while. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Callie looks like she's smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love family portraits. And I like her lifestyle... especially the chasing lizards part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely girl Callie is. With the nice weather here, I am starting to think of what to plant, as well. As usual Walt, you offer inspiration….

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!