Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Periodic puppy pics

We've been having very foggy mornings. The nights are clear with the moon shining brilliantly, but come sunrise, the fog forms and thickens and we're stuck under the high pressure inversion. Oh well, it's not very cold and the sun does come out after a while.

Callie wanders by the walnut tree on a foggy morning.

This was Tuesday morning during my walk with Callie. I decided to take the camera out to take pictures of the fog. Or in the fog.

I read that Clarissa Dickson Wright died this week. She was one of the Two Fat Ladies of television fame in the 1990s. Her friend and tv partner, Jennifer Paterson, died during the fourth year of the series, putting it to an end in 1999. We have all of the episodes on DVD and I'm watching them again in honor of them both. They were wonderfully fun in the kitchen.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The Two Fat Ladies..........
    memories of two wonderful characters...
    even if Clarissa could come across as bigotted at times...
    will The Hairy Bikers be as well loved when their popularity wanes?
    Here's to Clarissa and Jennifer...
    raise a NON-alcoholic cocktail please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I see that Clarissa Dickson Wright was only 66.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer lived just around the corner from where I worked in London. I never saw either of them in real life though. I have the cook books -- their stuff is not for the faint hearted. It's old fashioned and out of the ordinary. I have to admit I found Clarissa more interesting as a historian of cooking than as an actual cook. Her life story is fascinating and remarkable too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were both fantastic. I cannot forget Jennifer's red claws in a dough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read a biography of Clarissa.....loved the 2 Fat Ladies, for sheer entertainment value, can't believe she was only 66.....wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. She really packed a lot into 66 years. And she told a good story. RIP, Clarissa. P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fog photo is mesmerizing. Just also ready about Clarissa Dickson Wright. I used to love watching and, especially, listening to them both. I also learned today her birth name: Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright. I wonder why she didn't use it professionally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shot of the tree in the fog !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the TV series even if you could feel your arteries hardening as you watched what they cooked. Like Susan I really enjoyed the bits of cooking history that Clarissa dispensed.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!