Friday, March 14, 2014

The daily grind

The pruning continues out in the vineyards. It's probably close to being done, but there are still a few parcels close to our house that they're still working on. On Wednesday I heard a familiar sound: a grinder/mulcher. The growers use tractors to pull heavy duty mulchers between the rows of grape vines where the pruners have neatly laid out the trimmings. The mulchers grind them up to a pulp.

Grinding up the trimmings, a true sign of spring.

The grinding will go on for a few weeks. Then, sometime in April, we may actually see some leaves opening up.

In other news, I got my hair cut yesterday, Ken gets his cut today, and Callie finally has an appointment to get hers cut next week. Lest you think Bertie's being left out, he goes to the vet's office on Tuesday for his annual shots.

4 comments:

  1. So everyone including the vineyards are getting their spring trimmings. An it looks like there's no end to the nice weather, so keep workin' on those outdoor chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By next week all of you will be looking beautiful, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to the post where you put up an artfully done photo of Bertie's stash in the garage ... ;)

    Or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stuart, I've slowed down a little. There's still time. ;)

    bettyann, lol!

    judy, nah, I didn't take a photo. Not that I didn't think about it...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!