Saturday, October 24, 2020

Autumn afternoon

The sun and clouds took turns on Friday afternoon. It was almost too bright to take pictures at times. I'm not good at bright light photos, preferring overcast days or the famed "golden hours" at sunrise and sunset (which are, coincidentally, when I normally walk with Tasha). I was out a little early on Friday afternoon and it felt good to walk in the waning warmth of the autumn sun.

I took the camera out because I think the vineyard color is near its peak right now.


This morning we woke up to no power. No light. No heat. After finding the flashlights and checking the breaker box, we determined that a circuit that shorted out back in early February had done it again, tripping the main. Once I turned that circuit's breaker off, the rest came back on. Fortunately, that circuit doesn't power anything critical for daily living, so we'll wait until next week to call the electrician.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you can afford to wait to repair that circuit. It always happens on the weekend! Gorgeous light and color in the photo... Well, gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite colors are in this photo. Fall days are special in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun, colors, fall... it's all so good! I love that dew drops photo, too, on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clouds in the background look loke snow covered mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, it does always happen on a weekend!

    bettyann, :)

    evelyn, the leaves are pretty when they turn golden, but it doesn't last for long.

    judy, thanks!

    chm, they do! No mountains around here, though.

    christine, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the sort of photo of autumn that captures what I miss about regular seasons. What a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!