Monday, March 22, 2021

Again with the forsythia

I thought the forsythia in our yard had peaked a week or so ago. Then we had rain and wind and I thought most of the blossoms would fall (and a lot did). But I took this photo on Sunday, and it still looks great! Its little sibling on the side is not so great. I thought it had died a few years ago when mushrooms sprouted at its base, but the fungus went away (the visible mushrooms, anyway) and the bush continues to hold on.

It's getting to be time to cut the grass. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little more.
The tree on the left is a flowering, fruitless, prunus. Behind the forsythia is a tall duetzia which flowers later.

Activity in the vineyards out back has slowed way down. I suspect that the workers are concentrating on other parcels that we can't see. But they'll be back. There is still some pruning to do and a good deal of pliage, not to mention the mulching. And soon there will be little grape leaves sprouting.

6 comments:

  1. That's an explosion of forsythia. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your spring photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these pictures, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yellow is so lovely ! it is one of my favorite colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, that's a good description. My original thought was "fountain."

    evelyn, thanks!

    bettyann, :)

    linda, it's nice to see the spring flowers again.

    michael, mellow yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!