Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Just before sunrise

Monday morning was clear for the full moon, and I went out just before sunrise to take some photos. I must have been groggy, because most of the pictures didn't turn out very well. I haven't mastered low-light photography. I think I metered in the wrong spot. Oh well, I'm posting some of them anyway.

A thin layer of morning fog (or is it wood smoke?) over our hamlet at sunrise on Monday.

Tuesday was another nice day, as predicted. I grilled burgers and Ken dressed them with sauteed mushrooms and cheese. I made fries, and we ate leftover asparagus and broccoli with a creamy ranch-style dressing as a salad course. Today I'm grilling boudin blanc, a white sausage made with chicken. Ken's making a version of a North African dish called chakchouka with chic peas to have along side.

Also yesterday, I got hold of the contractor (his wife, I think) that will be doing our deck renovation. He did receive the approved estimate and our down-payment check and has not forgotten us. She told me he'd be calling to let us know when we're scheduled. I was afraid that, since we hadn't heard from him in months, maybe the signed estimate and the check got lost in the mail. Now my mind is at ease.

5 comments:

  1. Great news on the deck work, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time should I be there for that meal? That sounds like heaven. By the way, that's a beautiful photo! No failure there. I, too, haven't mastered (or don't have the patience to bother) low-light photography. In my book, you're a master!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a beautiful, moody shot. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. may the deck go well and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. judy, me too...

    mitch, it's one of the photos that worked out ok. I'm not sharing the bad ones. ;)

    bettyann, thanks!

    michael, hope springs eternal...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!