Saturday, March 27, 2021

Primroses again

I just can't get over how many primroses there are on our property this year. So here is another photo. It probably won't be the last.

Purple, lavender, and white.

Yesterday I ventured out to the hardware store to get a new parasol umbrella for our deck. The old umbrella came from Pier One in San Francisco and we've had it for at least twenty-five years. It's starting to show its age. I got a catalogue from the hardware store the other day and saw what they call un parasol demi-lune (half-moon parasol) made especially for balconies. It's basically half an umbrella that fits up against a balcony wall and provides shade. I set it up yesterday to see how it worked and I think we're going to like it. I had to take it down again because the wind kicked up. I'll get a photo of it before too long.

8 comments:

  1. The half-moon parasol sounds interesting. Can't believe your Pier One umbrella lasted 25 years. That doesn't often happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see your new umbrella. 25 years is amazing for an umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone came up with a good idea for balcony shade. Seeing more primrose pictures is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, I'm curious to see the half-moon umbrella. Are you still waiting for the work to begin, on the deck, or did I miss that it has already happened?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umbrellas: impressive longevity and a new shape. Interesting post, and the primroses are pretty too.
    We have a yard full of blooming freesias; they came with the house when we moved here 38 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will show us that new umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for seeing the demi-lune parasol. It sounds like a very good idea, useful in many places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mitch, the Pier One umbrella was made of a heavy canvas. It's still ok, but the seams are starting to rip.

    andrew, it was a good purchase!

    bettyann, our deck is covered, but we'll use the umbrella at the edge to keep the sun off the table.

    judy, no, you didn't miss anything. We're still waiting, but haven't heard a word (even after calling and sending email).

    chris, I didn't realize you had been there for 38 years! Wow!

    evelyn, worry not! ;)

    emm, noted!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!