Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Castle cappers

Here are some of the roofs on the logis royal (royal residence) at Loches. Looks very castle-y. The main roof and the conical tower roof on the left are made of slate tiles. The roof over the crenelated tower looks like it's made of stone tiles.

Logis royal, Loches, September 2003.

I had a good trip to the garden center on Tuesday. All the outdoor plants looked healthy and pretty, but I wasn't there for plants. I picked up three bags of seedling soil (for the price of two!), seeds for haricots verts (green beans), haricots beurre (wax or yellow beans), tomates (tomatoes), courgettes (zucchini), and some capucines (nasturtiums)  for color. I also got a bucket of roasted horn and blood meal to add some nitrogen back into the soil. Which reminds me, I have to shovel some compost. But not yet. There's plenty of time for that.

7 comments:

  1. I admire your self-restraint. Not being there for plants has never stopped us from coming home with another carload. I love the stone tiles on the crenelated tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Il ne faut jamais remettre au lendemain ce qu'on peut faire le jour même! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs more towers, and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah! Le Printemps! Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer is icumen in. The light is changing, daily, getting longer, stronger, brighter. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, it's too chilly for us to buy new plants now. But not for long!

    chm, je m'suis fait mal au dos, alors, j'attend. :)

    judy, I'm a little early, but there was this sale...

    travel, agreed.

    mary, almost! But we have a few weeks to go.

    emm, I'm enjoying the longer days already.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!