Friday, January 25, 2013

Bark

I'm still playing working with my new computer to get it set up and customized. There is so much new stuff to explore and figure out. The basics are working fine, but I'm making tweaks here and there as I learn the new system.

The colorful bark of a nearby pine tree.

I'm not taking time to respond to comments right at the moment, so please bear with me. I am reading all of your comments, of course (and thanks for all the info and advice!), and appreciate them. I got the den cleaned up yesterday and the old computer is moved to a different room. It's set up and running in case I need it, but it's out of the way for now.

10 comments:

  1. Walt... I noticed yesterday that Dabs.com in the UK are advertising a "Three Terrabyte" usb drive for £89 [140$]... that should complete your system?

    Do you remember when a one gigglybite disc cost £1 [1.60$ approx]... it wasn't all that long ago really!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this photo Walt.....nature at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bark, Hmmm. How do you make a cat bark.
    Bathe him in petrol and light a match - Whooolf.
    Apologies to Bertie and my dear wife Sue who is a cat lover. Please don't tell her Walt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The cat's just gone out..." "Well, put more fuel on and re-light it..."
      Same old joke... different twist... there is a book of cartoons around... "101 uses for a dead cat"...

      Delete
  4. Thanks to Judy for the link to your student's blog. I have bookmarked it and I'll dive in later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, she just put up a new post :) You might enjoy a few that she wrote in October (2012) about Alençon sights, and traveling nearby during Toussaint vacation days :)
      Judy

      Delete
  5. Wow, incredible bark photo.
    Have fun with your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once the temp gets below 20, it doesn't matter if it dips a few more degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another brilliant bit of photography. Such skill and such an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece of bark. I've never heard of or seen a pine tree with red coloring.
    Do you know the name of that tree?
    I've been playing with my new company computer - and it isn't working and neither can I.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!