Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The last one

I've pretty much exhausted my pictures from 1994 when I visited the top of the World Trade Center for the last time. Here's a ground shot taken from Battery Park City.

The twin towers in 1994. It was the last time I saw them.

I'm hopeful that there will be some sunny days ahead and that I'll be able to take the camera out. The days are lengthening, but slowly, and walks with the dog are still often in twilight conditions, especially when it's overcast.

8 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have photos of the Twin Towers. I couldn't help but sing that song, "Last time I saw them (him)" by Diana Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still very hard to believe they came down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your series on WTC. I was there the day the towers came down and I lost many friends, some very close, that day. The post of today made me cry, but it is a beautiful shot. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw everything from my tv in Alabama. I remember the towers falling and wondering how the New Yorkers would cope the next day when such huge buildings were gone like in a horror movie. I can imagine how it made you cry, Angie. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I love New York and this series of photos, Walt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts echo VirginiaC's--you must be so glad you took so many photos of the towers. Great shots and a sad reminder that things can change in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an interesting shot. It makes NYC look almost deserted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing your NYC pictures. My favorite tall buildings in the city are the Woolworth and the Chrysler. An aunt of mine worked for many years on the 99th floor of one of the WTC towers. She said they swayed so much in strong winds that she had to hold onto the walls when she had to go from office to office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be rare to have a New York street so bereft of traffic.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!