Sunday, January 13, 2013

I've got a bridge to sell you.

Wanna buy a bridge? It's in good shape, and such a deal! The old joke has been around probably for as long as the bridge itself. This is a view of the famous span from the observation deck of the World Trade Center back in 1994.

The Brooklyn Bridge (bottom). You can see the east tower of the Manhattan Bridge at the top.

The Brooklyn Bridge was built in 1883 to connect lower Manhattan to Brooklyn across the East River (which is not really a river but a tidal strait). While I have crossed the bridge in a car, I've never walked across. That's something I'd like to do one day.

This is another in a series of old slides I'm scanning. One day the weather will be nice enough for me to go outside and take some more pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely photo Walt!!
    I've crossed these bridges several times, and never once thought of the spans, that's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a private message on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't Arizona already buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some views from the WTC, taken in 1987. I was so proud of one I took the negative to a photo shop (yes, a real one, not a program) to have a poster-sized print done. It's been rolled up in a tube since I downsized and no longer have the wall-space, so I haven't seen it for 15 years. And now you've reminded me that, perhaps, it's time to start get down to digitising all the pictures from that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. virginiac, funny how we do that, isn't it!

    nadege, ok, I'll check.

    starman, hehehe...

    michael, but everyone should have two.

    autolycus, sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!