Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Where's Callie?

She's not that hard to see in this picture, but she's frequently darting in and out of the tall grass and under the rows of vines on her walks. As the vines get pruned, it's easy to keep track of her movements. In the summer, when the vines are leafed out, she can disappear on her little exploratory forays.

Callie pokes her head up to make sure I'm following along.

But she's never far from me. If she can't see or hear me trudging along, she'll often turn back to look for me. Can't you keep up, you silly human!

8 comments:

  1. she blends in well with her surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There may only be one in her flock, but she's making sure you don't get away! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Callie is doing a good job of keeping an eye on you...now try to keep up Walt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she clearly takes her 'herding' duties seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fantasize about Harvey and Rita running alongside Callie as we all make our way back to your hamlet for wine and one of your delectable homemade treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw today post title, I thought Callie had gone 'walkabout' (that's an 'Aussi' expression, or so I've been told) with her new-found friend Bertie ;)! Glad she's safe and soun though, and looking after you. Martine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice that Callie takes you out for a walk!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!