Thursday, October 17, 2019

Chicken salad

Did I mention I'm still eating that chicken that I poached last Saturday? On Tuesday, I used the meat from the thighs and drumsticks to make a chicken salad using the same recipe that Ken used a few weeks ago. That is, with dried cranberries and toasted walnuts. The only thing I didn't have was celery. But no matter.

The whole wheat toast got a little too toasted, but it was still tasty.

I made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch on Tuesday and ate it with fries. I'm going to have another sandwich today, but this time with chips. I'll still have some chicken salad left, so it'll probably become a supper snack over the weekend. There's still a piece of chicken breast left in the fridge... there may be a pizza in my immediate future.

So far, I've eaten this chicken in one form or another on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and now Thursday. And there's another meal or two left. Good thing I like chicken.

10 comments:

  1. And, good thing you're such a fabulous cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken salad is very popular here in Birmingham. I can buy several different kinds from a place called "Chicken Salad Chick" which is a franchised business now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds so good. Can't remember the last time Jerry made chicken salad. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, the daily chicken happens around here too. Can't say we mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chickens are so versatile. This looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how many different dishes you can make with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would that pizza in your future be like the California PIzza Kitchen BBQ chicken pizza, which is my all-around favorite? BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, cooked chicken and red onions - in case you weren't in the know!
    That sandwich is perfectly toasted to my liking... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. judy, I learned from Julia and Jacques. And Ken.

    ken, cluck, cluck!

    evelyn, I've never heard of a chicken salad place! Cool!

    mitch, give him a nudge!

    chris, neither do I.

    jean, it was pretty tasty. I still have a bunch left!

    lori, true! And they're all (mostly) good.

    mary, no, not bbq, although that sounds good. One of my favorite pizzas (which I try to recreate from time to time) was a smoked chicken and sauteed bell pepper pizza by Wolfgang Puck. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My soul swoons! I love good homemade chicken salad. The rubbish at the deli counter at the store is too mushy for me.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!