Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Plenty of nuttin'

I'm out of photos again. So here's a close-up of where the apple tree broke. You can't really see it in the photo, but the trunk is basically hollow at the break point. The wood looks like so much sawdust in there. I don't know when the garden contractor will show up, but it could be any day now. We'll have a lot to talk about!

We've lost big branches from this tree in years past, but this one marks the end of the line for the old apple.

Tasha, Bert, and I are getting ready for Ken's return tomorrow. The animules have adjusted pretty well to our temporary routine. I get up later than Ken does, so they have to wait for breakfast (which irks Bert) and going out to pee (which irks Tasha). But they've taken it all in stride, as it were. I'm hopeful that, between Ken's jet lag and us turning the clocks back on Sunday, we can keep them getting up later.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, making an effort to get your pets to adapt to YOUR schedule. I can’t imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your time changes a week earlier than ours. I bet Ken's jet lag will make your plan work. Bon chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your picture of the dead tree. It has wonderful resolution and color and detail. Poor tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, hehe. It can be done. I have another negotiating session scheduled with Bert's lawyers later today.

    evelyn, thanks!

    emm, I wasn't even going to post that one!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!