Sunday, April 09, 2023

Another castle, another chapel

This is the chapel at the Château de Chaumont. It was built in the early sixteenth century. Most of the big châteaux have chapels. I suppose it was a convenience for the owners/occupants to do their religious stuff in private without having to venture out in public to a local church. Maybe it was a status symbol. A guest room for God? Religion is not my area of expertise.

Chapel, Château de Chaumont. October 2012.

We're concerned about Bert this morning. He disappeared yesterday afternoon. I only noticed when he didn't come in for his afternoon meal. Then he didn't show up in the evening like he usually does and, so far, he's been out all night. He's got open access to the house, so we know he's not locked out. He's done this once or twice before, but it's been a while. We'll take a look around the neighborhood when it gets light. At his age (seventeen years), we can't help but fear the worst.

11 comments:

  1. I hope Bert has simply been out carousing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say, but I think you are right to fear the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look under nearby bushes and shrubbery.

      Delete
  3. so stressful when kitties don't do their usual thing. I hope he magically appears today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chapel at Chaumont is worthy of a king. Hoping you find Bertie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chapel. Fingers crossed for Bertie.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. When cats get out (my case - not yours),it is stressful because we know the dangers out there. My bet is like Mitchell's (carousing) - let's hope he found somebody or something that interested him enough to stay out overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too suspect they were to keep away /apart from the riff-raff. Rich people are always like that.

    I would be fit to be tied if my pet went missing. I cannot think of a worse angst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Mr Bertie shows up soon unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. everyone, thanks for the encouraging words. As time goes on and Bert doesn't come home, I think we have to accept the probability that he is gone. All we can hope is that he died peacefully.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!