Saturday, April 22, 2023

La chambre dite de Catherine de Médicis

Back to Chaumont. This room is named for Catherine de Médicis, apparently in honor of her acquiring the castle in the sixteenth century. Did she ever sleep there? I'm not certain.

Chambre de Catherine de Médicis, Château de Chaumont. October 2012.

I finally heard from the contractor who's renovating our deck. He called yesterday morning to say that his truck was in the shop all week and he'd be by after lunch to continue the work. From what I can tell, he applied a layer of mortar to the deck surface to correct its slope. That's drying over the weekend and he'll be back on Monday for the next steps.

We had a short rain shower early this morning and it's raining lightly as I type this. So far we don't see any water standing on the deck in the usual places. I can't really go out there since the mortar is still drying. I'll have a better idea when it gets light outside.

UPDATE: There's one spot where water is coming in like it always has. Still, the mortar the mason applied yesterday is just the first step in the process. I took photos. I hope that seeing how the water comes in will help him to fix the situation.

6 comments:

  1. I could sleep in that bed ;-) Glad the deck work is progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not bad that rain followed that application. He can see what needs to be improved. I WANT that bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bed. Your deck picture will be very helpful to the contractor.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes, the photo should really help... glad you got a little rain (and glad he came back!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. evelyn, with all those tourists watching? ;)

    bettyann, I hope so!

    judy, we do need the rain. We also need dry days for laying tile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice in these ancient bedroom sets the vogue was to put a rope over the chair. Makes it hard to sit down.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!