Saturday, April 08, 2023

Spooky

I couldn't quite figure out what to do with this photo. Contrast is the issue. Intense light in the center and intense shadow all around. Because it's a camera-produced .jpg file, there's not much data in the image to bring it back to normal with software. So I decided to go dark, playing a little with the contrast and color.

What do you think? Château de Chaumont. October 2012.

Yesterday's market trip was successful. I got four cuisses de lapin (rabbit thighs) for Sunday's Easter dinner. Ken and I got into a habit of eating rabbit on Easter back when we lived in Washington, DC, nearly forty years ago. A lot of people eat rabbits on Easter, but most of those bunnies are made of chocolate. Not ours. I also got a nice head of lettuce, a bunch of green asparagus, a bunch of radishes, and some strawberries. Yum.

I'm stressed about doing the taxes. For no reason, other than I get stressed about it every year. Again, for no good reason. Neither the American nor the French return is complicated and it goes fine every year.

I'm anxious about the deck work getting started. Happy, and fearful that something will come up to delay it (like bad weather). Or that the deck work and the plumbing work will overlap. I'm probably worrying for nothing.

I'm nervous about my broken tooth. I emailed the dentist a week ago to get the process going for the implant he recommended. I haven't heard back. I'm going to have to call him after the holiday.

Thanks for listening to me kvetch. I feel better now.

8 comments:

  1. I feel like a lot of things have been on hold this week. Hope the implant gets scheduled quickly. I'll be keeping a good thought for you regarding that, the deck work, and the taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “This is Dr Frazier Crane, I’m listening.” Kvetch all you want. I’m worried too about my taxes and about my golf cart not charging and about the A/C in my car suddenly deciding not to work the other day when I was an hour from home on a 90 degree day. We will all get through these hiccups.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I think your picture is stunning.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark and broody, the image is amazing, and matches the kvetch. Turbo Tax to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully getting the tooth fixed will help your anxiety. Once you start the taxes you will feel relief. A bunny dinner sounds good. Happy Easter to you and Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the contrast in the photo.
    You like to have things taken care of... having these several things not yet started, has got to be stressful. You'll be glad you got the tooth taken care of, so I applaud you for starting that process. Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend and your market day success, and come Tuesday, all will fall together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, thanks!

    bettyann, we've been watching Frasier lately. I think we're on season 8 now.

    travel, :)

    evelyn, same to you and Lewis!

    judy, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it for its spooky ambiance.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!