Monday, April 03, 2023

Time

I might have waited until the big hand was on the twelve. I might have done a better job of centering the clock inside the gate's fleur de lys ornaments. But no. The clock is in the courtyard of what I think are the old stables at the Château de Chaumont.

It's almost two o'clock. Lunch is over. March 2006.

Now that March is over, the winds have calmed and high pressure is building in. That means clear skies and cold mornings. We're expecting to be down very close to freezing the next few mornings. Easter is next weekend and that means the start of school vacations. And an uptick in traffic going to the zoo. There's a new hotel in town and it looks like the construction is pretty much done. I wonder if it will be open in time for "spring break." I looked on the web and it seems that it opened this past weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I like the well-planned asymmetry and clock time. The big hand on the 12 has been so done. We had the beginning of the processions yesterday. The city is busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the traditional setting for a stopped clock or watch ten minutes to two? You nearly nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your placement for the photo! Next time I'm visiting the chateaux I will have to pay attention in the stables for other very fancy options for a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like fancy fine time pieces like these! It feels like Time incarnate lives in them.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!