Friday, April 07, 2023

Tower of power

Well, not so much. This is the southwestern tower of the Château de Chaumont. Looks like many a fairy tail castle tower. In the background is the Loire, and a portion of that island from yesterday's photo.

Le Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire. October 2012.

Good news on the contractor front: the deck guy called yesterday and wants to start work on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in France). Yippee! We've cleared the deck (as it were) of plants and everything else that was out there a few weeks ago. We still need to get the bbq grill off the deck, and there's one large potted plant that hast to come in as well, so we're basically ready. Demolition will be noisy, but we'll get through it. I hope the weather cooperates and all goes well. As usual, I'll try to take photos of the progress.

I'm heading over to the Friday market in a near-by town this morning in search of rabbit pieces (like thighs) for Sunday's meal. Ken wants to make a slow-cooked dish, a confit de lapin, and it sounds good. It's the poultry vendors in France that normally deal in rabbit, so I'm hoping ours has some today. They usually do, but if they don't, I may be able to order it for pickup at the Saturday market in Saint-Aignan. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with Jeannot Lapin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an unusually glorious day for that tower of power photo. I can't believe the deck is actually about to get done. You must be so excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonne chance with the bunny buying! People would buy that photo if it was in the castle's gift shop. We are getting tile work done on our porch this coming week also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely fairy tale castle tower. Beautiful.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you luck on the rabbit front, and I'm so excited to hear about the deck finally getting scheduled to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, I had to look that up!

    mitch, I am!

    evelyn, good luck with the tile!

    bettyann, :)

    judy, the rabbit hunt was successful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looks like off a bottle of French wine, the fancy sorts that aren't around or affordable

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!