Friday, April 21, 2023

Sunrise

This was last Tuesday's sunrise. The night was clear and the morning chilly. I'm still wearing a hat and scarf on morning walks with Tasha. You can see on the left part of the large parcel that will soon (I think) be planted with new grape vines. The grower is likely waiting to plant until all danger of frost has passed. That's normally around mid-May.

Looking easterly from the vineyard toward our hamlet at sunrise on Tuesday.

I got most of the yard mowed over the past few days. The grass got really tall and thick since our last rainy spell, so it's slow going. I'm leaving a patch in the north forty uncut in the hope that poppies will spring up like they did last year. I was careful not to mow the poppies down until after they set seed, so we'll see. I also need to run the rototiller through the vegetable garden plot. The landscaping contractor did the first run (thank goodness), so it should not be too difficult. Famous last words...

5 comments:

  1. We were up to 84°F yesterday, but are expecting to possibly go down to a freeze, one night this weekend. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great sunrise photo of your morning walkway. Hoping for a poppy photo- I have good memories of seeing them bloom in France and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your house next to the Xmas tree? Is this pointy tree the Hymalaya Cedar?
    That road is rather fangeuse!, innit?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!