Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tulip time

These tulips came up just outside a neighbor's wall. She has a lot more inside. Were they planted, or did they escape? I noticed yesterday a lone red tulip in our yard in a place where there were never any tulips. How did it get there? Can tulips spread by seed? I suppose I should look it up.

Pretty tulips are popping up all over.

The deck contractor didn't show yesterday. He wasn't scheduled to, I was just hoping. But I still haven't heard back since the past week's rain has ended. Dare I hope again this morning? Or tomorrow?

I called the dentist yesterday and, lo!, he called me back. We're on track for the implant, but the dentist that does that kind of work is on vacation (France is in the middle of spring vacations now). As soon as he/she is back, I will be able to schedule a consultation.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, tulips can spread by seed. Clearly some do it more easily than others. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tulips! Fingers crossed for your deck workers to get going again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips also wander when a squirrel or other forager digs up the bulb, then replants it for a later snack and forgets about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I had no idea!

    evelyn, hope springs eternal...

    anon, that's what I assumed, other than humans planting bulbs.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!