Friday, April 28, 2023

Full swing spring

Wildflowers are in bloom. Grass is growing like crazy. Birds are chirping, frogs are croaking, and the temperature is warming up. It's not quite tee-shirt weather, but it is pleasant outdoors.

Cowslips and other wildflowers populate our "lawn."

Our deck is done! The guys finished up yesterday afternoon. The contractor will come back for one thing: he ran out of edge trimming and had to order some more. When it comes in, he'll be back to install it. He advised us to stay off the deck until Monday, so we won't be setting up the table and chairs and barbecue grill just yet. But we're close. Photos to come.

As for the slope, we need a good rain shower to see if the deck sheds water in the right direction. If it doesn't rain, I may be tempted to use a watering can for the test. I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't work.

5 comments:

  1. I love your natural lawn. I sure hope the new deck surface sheds water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy day! Positive thoughts for the water test :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, time will tell...

    judy, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad your deck is (almost) done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I recognized cowslips right away !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!