Thursday, September 28, 2023

Bridge over Muddy Waters?!

Here's the more civilized way to cross the moat at Carrouges. It's not even a drawbridge. The old defensive fortress was destroyed in the Hundred Years War and, according to Wikipedia, rebuilt as more of a residence and less of a working fortress.

What good is a moat without a drawbridge? Carrouges, June 2006.

We're taking advantage of the mild weather to use the grill. It's not unusual to be able to grill this time of year, but once November comes, the grill will be cleaned up and covered for the winter. There are a lot of little yard chores to do, but I haven't been motivated. Maybe today.

3 comments:

  1. I do love this building. I'd line that railing with hanging plants... If I owned the place I'd be paying someone to tend to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice photo of a handsome castle. I'm hoping to get motivated to do some stuff, too. Maybe tomorrow lol.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, I think that would look good.

    evelyn, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!