Friday, September 15, 2023

Pizza!

Again. Now that the weather has cooled off, we feel more inclined to use the oven. For pizza, I crank the oven up to 270ºC (just over 500ºF). I use a pizza stone, so it takes between twenty and thirty minutes for the oven and the stone to get up to temperature.

The second of two pizzas for lunch.

For this pizza, we used some of our favorite toppings. First, some of our home-made tomato sauce goes on. Then, small cubes of smoked chicken, some canned corn, chopped green bell pepper, and a few greek olives. Then the grated cheese, in this case, comté from eastern France. It was mighty tasty!

9 comments:

  1. Some day I will try chicken on pizza. This one looks especially tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. California Pizza Kitchen restaurant used to offer BBQ Chicken pizza! It was delicious! EZ to do at home - Evelyn - (I just don't often have leftover chicken - maybe I will save some tonight and make one next week when the forecast is for cooler weather!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. tom, I learned to take the sauce to the very edge of the crust from you!

      Delete
  3. Walt - your pizza's always make me want to bake one - soon! Maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary, let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!