Thursday, September 07, 2023

Knock knock

I thought that this was the front door of the church at Cunault. It turns out that it's a side door, under the steeple and opposite the organ, which is in the southern transept. The church's transepts are not deep at all. I don't have any exterior shots (why not, I wonder), but from looking at the internet and street view in Google maps, I can see that it's a side door and not the main western entrance.

I like the woodwork. Cunault, July 2006.

Our heat wave continues and it looks like it'll be here through the weekend. I'm thinking of cutting some grass today, but I may not. It's kind of stopped growing anyway, but once we have some rain it'll pick up again. The vegetable garden has definitely slowed down. I think the zucchini plants are on their last legs. I keep watering anyway.

6 comments:

  1. You are still encouraging the zucchini plants? By this time in the season most people want to burn them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good door :)
    Courage to you and Ken, for dealing with this heat until it lets up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking for that zucchini grower that has more than enough - I am not successful at growing any myself. And there are a few excellent recipes at this place - https://smittenkitchen.com/ - to want many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had doors like that as front and back entrances on the outer wall of our hotel. Well, they were smaller. And they were individual. And contemporary. And simply arched. But we loved the style and stained them just like that. We're not as hot as you (well, I'm sure we never really have been), but it's still hot and muggy. Enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. travel, I'm torn.

    judy, sleeping is a little uncomfortable, but we're fine.

    sillygirl, I'll have a look! Thanks.

    mitch, it should break in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love your photos of doors !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!