Wednesday, September 06, 2023

The pipes, the pipes are calling

Here's a wider view of the pipe organ at Cunault. It's not the biggest, nor is it the most ornate that I've seen. But for this church, it seems just right.

Them's a lot of pipes!

Thank goodness for low humidity. Otherwise, we'd be miserable. The dry air makes the heat more bearable. And the heat is expected to continue. Yesterday morning, just after sunrise, I noticed that the sky had a hazy yellow cast. I think that must be caused by Saharan sand blowing up from down south.

5 comments:

  1. No Saharan sand in the sky here. We must have sent it all your way. Low 80s here lately, but felt like low 90s when I was out yesterday. That's a good set of pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear that organ in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been in many churches in France but I don’t think I’ve seen pipes at that almost horizontal angle or have I not been paying attention?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, maybe the sand is by-passing the peninsula and coming in off the Med.

    judy, it's pretty cool looking.

    evelyn, I wonder how often it gets played.

    bettyann, I can't think of any, but there must be others!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!