Saturday, September 09, 2023

Cloudless sunrise

We've had a lot of clear skies lately. High pressure. Heat wave. It all goes together. During my regular bouts of insomnia, I'm often out on the deck looking at the stars. And they've been beautiful these past couple of weeks. They'd have been even more stunning without interference from the full moon last week. Now that it's waning, I can see the Milky Way again.

Late summer sunrise over the vineyards a couple of days ago. The orangy haze is Saharan sand in the air. I think.

I'm making a market run this morning. I hope the two vendors I plan to visit (poultry and Asian) are there. Sometimes they take time off right after the August vacation ends. If either or both are not there, oh well. They'll be back.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, heaven. We have too much interference from city lights to see the Milky Way. (I haven't even see the Almond Joy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh, Mitchell.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your vendors were there.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give time and there won’t be any Sahara left. Saint-Aignan-sur-Sahara?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought to consider your night sky viewing there and is it any good. Lucky you if you can see things !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. michael, oh yes, when the night sky is clear it's just amazing! I see satellites going over and even the International Space Station a couple of times. There's a web site that I joined that helps to identify what you see in the sky in real time.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!