Sunday, September 03, 2023

Cunault

On our day trip through Saumur with friend CHM, we visited the church at Cunault on the Loire River. CHM knew the church and thought we'd enjoy seeing it. Indeed, we did. So the next few posts will contain some of the photos I took on that visit.

The nave at Cunault, looking toward the altar. July 2006.

Saturday was a very pleasant day, weather-wise. Today it's supposed to get hot -- mid 30sC. And today is the last day of the official school vacation. The kids go back to class on Monday. Traffic moving north (toward Paris) will likely be heavy today.

3 comments:

  1. May kids here started school Friday, which I thought was odd. Still, it made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Romanesque church photo (or two!). Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if the gorgeous churches are still used for mass with a vibrant parish etc. or are they mere museum pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!