Thursday, September 21, 2023

The other side, with color

This is the courtyard side of the Château de Troussay. The two façades of the building actually have names. Yesterday's post featured the façade "Louis XII." Today's features the façade "François I." The names refer to the architectural styles of the two façades.

The François I façade, influenced by the Château de Chambord. Troussay, July 2006.

Rain is moving in this morning. Conveniently (not), it should be raining quite heavily as the sun comes up, right when I usually go out with Tasha. It will be a short walk this morning. It's supposed to rain most of the day, and this morning's normally low temperature is predicted to be the high for the day. Fall begins this weekend, and it looks like it's getting an early start.

5 comments:

  1. it looks so well kept. I guess the owners have beaucoup $$

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is even prettier and more homey than the other side.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. melinda, I would imagine so, but you never know!

    bettyann, that might be because of the B&W. Maybe I should post the color version?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!