Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Shadow play

When the sun gets to a certain point in the late summer sky (and also in the late winter sky), it casts shadows inside the house. One shadow in particular is this one. It's made by a bendy-character with magnetic feet that I've perched on top of our wire Eiffel Tower. The tower came from Pottery Barn, if I'm remembering correctly, a gift from a friend back in San Francisco. The bendy figure was a gift from the daughter of a close friend, also from the San Francisco days. The tower sits on the floor and is about three feet tall. The little guy is magnetically stuck to the top, waving.

A shadow on the living room wall.

I woke up to fog this morning after a restful night of sleep (no insomnia, no restless legs). It's the first time we've been socked in for quite a while. The air is cooler, but it should be warming up again as we head toward the weekend. I see log stacking in our very near future.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the good night's sleep. When I was in school I would get up during the night and draw the shadows I saw on the walls. This one is already a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great photo. Ha!
    I'm glad you had a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing photo. If you hadn't described it, I would have had no idea what it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this guy!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, last night I tossed and turned until after 01h00. Ugh.

    judy, they're few and far between!

    michael, maybe I should post a photo of the real thing in normal light...

    evelyn, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!