Sunday, September 24, 2023

Château de Carrouges

Reader Kiwi recognized yesterday's photo as being part of the Château de Carrouges in southern Normandy. It's the gate house (I believe), not the actual castle. The castle itself is a hulk of a building surrounded by a defensive moat. When we stopped there in 2006, we just did a quick walk around the grounds as we were on our way to someplace else. Years later, Ken actually visited the interior. I think I was probably home with our dog at the time, Callie.

Approaching the Château de Carrouges, June 2006.

Yesterday was the first day of fall. As if on cue, our central heating came on in the morning. That means our indoor temperature dipped below 18.5ºC (65ºF). When I got back from a chilly walk with Tasha, I built the season's first fire in the wood stove. After a couple of hours we were toasty warm. I may do the same this morning. It's down to about 8ºC (46ºF) outdoors. Brrr! And the radiators are warm.

4 comments:

  1. When I saw yesterday's photo I wondered if it was the gatehouse. Down to 18C overnight and 26 during the day. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's chilly! What a quick change. It's nice to think of a warm, wood fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember radiators in my grandparent's house. These are good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were radiators in my grandparent's house; those are good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!