Saturday, January 04, 2020

Biscotti

I made a batch of cranberry walnut biscotti on Friday afternoon. I wanted something tasty for dessert, but something relatively easy to make. Since we had shelled walnuts and dried cranberries hanging around after the holiday meals, biscotti came to mind. The batter is quick and easy to put together. They do take a while to bake. Twice. But that's not really work.

These are good dunked in coffee or tea. Or wine.

Monday is the Epiphany and that means one thing: galette des rois (kings' cake), a flaky pastry cake filled with frangipane. I'm thinking I'll make the dough on Sunday and bake the cake on Monday morning. I don't know what we're planning for lunch yet.

5 comments:

  1. In England they used to put tokens (in my youth silver three penny bits, not the cupro nickel kind) in the "twelfth night" cake. What about France and the galette des rois? Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cookies! And we're all looking forward to seeing the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. roderick, yes, they do something similar in France. Stay tuned!

    chris, so am I. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I don’t bake and SG doesn’t like galette de rois (roscon de reyes), I might have to pick up,a small one today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you eat them with the beverage or do you dip them into the beverage then eat them?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!