Sunday, January 26, 2020

Tarte amandine aux pommes

Here's a variation on the tarte I learned to make with pears. If I remember correctly, the first time I made it was in 2009 for Ken's birthday. Since then, I've made the same recipe with figs, peaches, and even blueberries. This time it was apples.

Peeled and quartered apples are pushed down into the almond filling before baking, then glazed with apple jelly once the finished tarte cools.

It came out fine, but I would say that pears, figs, peaches, and blueberries are better in this kind of tarte. But you never know until you try, right?

6 comments:

  1. Was it the taste of apple with it that you didn't like as much? Or the texture of the apples? If you sliced them up a bit, do you think you'd have liked it more?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Judy said. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jean, :)

    mitch, work of (t)art?

    judy, bettyann, I just didn't think the apple and the almond filling went together very well. It wasn't bad, just not great.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!