Monday, January 06, 2020

Tired of trailers

There has been no construction activity for two weeks during the holiday school vacations. These trailers and a backhoe are still sitting out behind our house. It will soon be three months since they showed up. I'm wondering if today, the first work day after vacations, there will be something going on. I'm really tired of seeing these out there. I'm tired of our road being a mess, and I'm tired of not being able to walk outside the back gate because of muddy ruts in the ground. The weather is not the construction crew's fault, but the ruts are.

The trailers don't look so bad in this foggy, overly processed view. But in real life, they're kind of ugly.

I made the flaky pastry for today's galette des rois (kings' cake). A couple more turns (folds) and it will be ready to roll out, cut, and bake. I also made good progress on finishing the dresser assembly. It should be all done before lunch.

7 comments:

  1. Hope those trailers are soon gone. It would make me crazy. I’d use Photoshop... and my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent about the galette and the dresser (at least) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that when you asked the mayor about the mysterious piles of gravel, you would also have mentioned that equally mysterious construction equipment. Surely she must know what it's for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that galette. Did you put in a fève?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, they didn't really bother me at first, but the longer they sit out there...

    judy, and they're done!

    sheila, oh yes, we know what's going on. They're undergrounding utilities down the hill and along the river road. They needed a place to put the trailers and this little piece of land behind our property belongs to the town. And voilà.

    evelyn, oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least the trailers are parked there in winter, not spoiling the view when you might be in the garden more in summer (just trying to think positive, my New Year resolution).
    One needs a good spell of grotty winter weather to make sure summer is appreciated when it finally comes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least the fog has some good vibes! The hedge really has been trimmed well! Nice you didn't have to clip it.

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!